IT'S ALL ABOUT PURPOSE - YES, LIVING WITH PURPOSE:
"Trust thyself. Every heart vibrates to that iron string. Accept the place the Divine Providence has set for you; the society of your contemporaries, the connexion of events. Great men have always done so and have confided themselves childlike to the genius of their age, betraying their perception that the Eternal was stirring in their hearts, working through their hands, predominating in all their being. And we are now men and must accept in the highest mind the same transcendent destiny. And not pinched in a corner. Not cowards fleeing before a revolution, but redeemers and benefactors - pious aspirants to be noble clay under the Almighty effort, let us advance on chaos and the dark." - R W Emerson
While New Year Resolutions can lead to defeat, beginning a new year is a terrific time to reflect on your life, where you would like to make improvements, and intentionally put in place some steps to make those things happen.
Your greatest ally when it comes to making changes of any kind, is making a plan. Whether it's making a weekly menu plan, putting up your nutritional supplements ahead a week at a time, making budget and spending decisions, or adding an exercise routine to your schedule, making a plan will make all the difference when it comes to making those things happen.
Benefits of entering a new year:
- End of holiday season, which naturally disrupts normal routine
- We tend to naturally "crave" healthier lifestyle habits, including sensible eating and exercise
While some decisions for change can be profound, instant, and life-changing, most are related to goals best achieved through the daily discipline. We always want the "instant" result, but this isn't how it usually works.
Don't pitch your disciplines just because you "fell off the wagon." When you do, enjoy, and then just get back on!
BECKY'S STARTING "GROUND RULES"
- GRATITUDE - Give thanks to GOD, to OTHERS, and to YOURSELF for being where you are NOW.
- FORGIVENESS - In your reflections, remember that two important features of your progress are FAILURE & DISAPPOINTMENT.
TIPS FOR IMPROVING THE DIET
- Eat cleaner
- Eliminate processed foods & beverages
- Eat less (for most of us)
- Snacking when not hungry
- Follow the 1-10 appetite scale to prevent overeating while promoting appetite satisfaction
- Essential you like what you choose to do
- Essential that it fits into your daily life
- Not important how long a workout but consistency
- Renew your commitment to yourself to devote time to nourishing yourself through reading, meditation, etc.
- Start a new project, perhaps, you have kept smoldering on the back burner - approach it in an intentional manner that enables you to actually achieve your goal over time
- Get rid of things in your life that are annoying, time-consuming, and can be done a better way: Amazon.com! Save that time for your personal higher priorities
SABBATH REST - Incorporating rest into the rhythms of your week and your days - things a vacation cannot do.
- You can always work 24/7
- Discipline your mind
- Remove intruders on an individual level - "pleasing people," etc.
WHAT ABOUT THE GRAINS & LEGUMES??? GIVE CHICKPEAS A CHANCE!
- WHOLE GRAINS MIGHT NOT BE AS HEALTHY AS YOU THINK - Guide to Soaking Your Grains - A Food Lover
- CHARACTERISTICS OF A TRADITIONAL DIET
- WHY SPROUT? The Nourishing Gourmet