Remembering Our Fallen with Love & Gratitude
“They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.”
From Laurence Binyon's poem For the Fallen, written in September 1914
POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME
John Lee, MD and Virginia Hopkins SIGNS & SYMPTOMS OF PCOS:
- multiple cysts on the ovaries
- anovulation (lack of ovulation) and other menstrual abnormalities
- hirsutism (facial hair)
- male pattern baldness
- often obesity
- sometimes hypothyroidism
CAUSES OF & EXACERBATING FACTORS CONTRIBUTING TO PCOS:
- Poor development of ovaries due to synthetic estrogen (xenobiotic) exposure in the womb
- Lack of successful ovulation and, thus, the absence of progesterone production
- Blood sugar and insulin resistance problems and the diet high in sugars and refined carbohydrates
- Stress and adrenal gland fatigue resulting in increased production of cortisol
CAN PCOS BE REVERSED? - YES!
- Balanced diet - eliminate sugar and unrefined carbs - use some chromium picolinate with meals to help regulate blood sugar
- Supplement with bio-identical progesterone
- Iodine supplementation to break estrogen down properly
- Use herbs that block the conversion of free testosterone to dihyrdotestosterone (DHT), such as saw palmetto berry, pygeum bark, stinging nettle root, and then chaste tree berry (Vitex) to support progesterone health
PCOS SUPPLEMENT RECOMMENDATIONS
THORNE BASIC NUTRIENTS 2/DAY – 2 daily with or without food
VITAL NUTRIENTS SAW PALMETTO, PYGEUM BARK, STINGING NETTLE ROOT – 1 with two meals daily OR
IODORAL 12.5 MG – 1 daily with or without food (iodine for metabolizing estrogen)
NOW FOODS CHROMIUM PICOLINATE 200 MCG – 1 with each meal
PROGESTERONE CREAM BIOIDENTICAL 20 MG/PUMP – 1 pump at bedtime – with the first day of your period being day #1, use from day #14 till you get your next period. One of the primary problems with PCOS is that ovulation does not occur, progesterone is not made, and estrogen reigns.
"In the SPOTLIGHT!"
Today, two amazing BOTANICALS for health:
Feelin’ a bit better? A bit more IN CONTROL?"Knowledge is power - Go to HEALTH!"