Moringa, also known as the Miracle Tree is a multipurpose plant, as the leaves, pods, fruits, flowers, roots and bark of the tree can be utilized. It is also referred to as Drumstick Tree by the Britishers. The specialty of this tree is that it actually bears fruits in the warm season.
Health Benefits of Moringa
There are many benefits of the Moringa tree, but the health benefits are the most important. Research has proved that various parts of the Moringa tree can be used to cure a minimum of 300 diseases. Let's see a few of them here.
• Moringa is rich in Vitamin A. It contains four times more Vitamin A or beta-carotene than carrots. Hence, it is a weapon against blindness.
• It is also a rich source of Vitamin C many times more than oranges.
• Normally milk is said to be a rich source of calcium but the amount of calcium present in Moringa leaves is way higher than in milk.
• The Moringa leaves are said to contain two times the protein present in milk.
• Bananas are a rich source of potassium. But Moringa leaves contain seven times more potassium than bananas.
• Along with potassium, zinc is also found in large quantities in Moringa.
• If Moringa leaves were to be eaten by one and all, the world will be free of anemia as it contains three times more iron than spinach.
• With all the junk food eaten these days, many people face problems of high cholesterol. Moringa helps in balancing the cholesterol levels in the body.
• Essential Amino acids are also found in Moringa.
• Moringa is also said to balance sugar levels, hence it is helpful in the fight against diabetes.
• The body's natural defense mechanism increases with the consumption of Moringa in the daily diet pattern. Since it is an immune stimulant, it is prescribed for AIDS afflicted patients. Less immunity is rampant in many provinces in Africa, especially people who do not have access to nutritious food and medicines.
• Moringa leaves can be consumed to stimulate metabolism.
• It is also said to have digestive powers.
• It is a nutrition booster and is known to promote a feeling of well-being in people.
• If you are looking for non-sugar based energy, then Moringa leaves is the answer. Thus, it will also help in the weight loss process.
• The cell structure of the body is stimulated by the Moringa leaves.
• It is especially useful for lactating mothers. The consumption of Moringa has shown dramatic increase in the quantity of breast milk.
• It is also famous for its anti-bacterial properties.
• The paste of the Moringa leaves is said to beautify the skin and is hence applied by women regularly.
• It protects the liver and kidneys.
• It can also be used as a water purifier.
Other Benefits of Moringa
Along with the health benefits of Moringa, there are other benefits to it as well. They are enumerated below.
• It can be used as a source of biofuel.
• Cooking oil can also be produced from Moringa tree. The health benefits of Moringa oil, can be compared to sunflower oil and olive oil.
• It is used in the manufacture of cosmetics and personal care products. Perfumes and aromatherapy oils are also manufactured from Moringa seeds. The flowers of the Moringa plant can be used in making herbal tea, for they add a refreshing aroma to the tea.
Moringa contains more than 90 nutrients and 46 types of antioxidants. With all the health benefits of Moringa, it can easily be termed as the most nutritious plant on the face of the earth. There are no side-effects of Moringa tree leaves which have been proved till date. At the same time it can be consumed by small children and adults alike. Therefore, many people have started using it in porridge, pastas, breads, etc., to reap the everlasting health benefits of the extraordinary 'Moringa'.
These statesments not evalutated by the FDA. By imparting this information we are not in any way attempting to prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease.