CLICK ON THE DATE TO LISTEN!
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2016 – Becky and producer Heather Bishop kick off the brand new WONDROUS ROOTS: YOUR HEALTH FROM THE GROUND UP! in Manchester.
WONDROUS ROOTS - YOUR HEALTH FROM THE GROUND UP! - makes its Manchester debut!
Catch Becky every Saturday noon-1 pm on WKBK radio - Keene, NH
TODAY! Adding a second live weekly talk show, Wondrous Roots broadcasts from WFEA 1370AM - 1370WFEA.com - every Wednesday morning from 9-10!
WONDROUS WHAT? Wondrous ROOTS!
- Family “Roots” – Inspired by both renowned compound pharmacist and clinician father E. George Roentsch and Navy Lieutenant RN mom Rae Roentsch, then eventually bringing Wondrous Roots to downtown Keene in January, 2013, Rebecca’s birthplace and hometown, this brings the “root” concept full circle!
- “Roots” of Health & Disease – Seemingly unrelated health issues in an individual often stem from just one, two, three… “root” causes. Discovering and addressing these “roots” from a holistic perspective can in many cases bring dramatic results.
- “Roots” – Medicines of the Earth – Using the healing powers of nature – God’s magnificent provision – to bring restoration and vitality.
At Wondrous Roots we practice "Functional Medicine" defined as:
"medical practice or treatments that focus on optimal functioning of the body and its organs, usually involving systems of holistic or alternative medicine"
Ah, yes - there we go... getting to the ROOT of things!
So, we think of "medicine" not as redefined by the AMA (which confers exclusivity and is - ridiculously- backed by law) "to diagnose, treat, or cure disease" but instead, going back to one of the ROOTS of medicine:
THE GREEK APPROACH
Greek Medicine was not a uniform body of knowledge and practice but rather a diverse collection of methods and beliefs which depended on such general factors as geography and time period and more specific factors such as local traditions and a patient’s gender and social class. evertheless, common threads running through Greek medical thought included a preoccupation with the positive and negative effects of diet and a belief that the patient could actually do something about their complaint, in contrast to a more fatalistic and spiritual mindset of earlier times.
BUT LET'S THINK OF SOME OTHERS!
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Ayurvedic Medicine
- Native American Indian Medicine
One of the MOST exciting health frontiers? EPIGENETICS!
What is it YOUR genes aren't doing for you? Worried about a genetic bent towards:
- cardiovascular disease?
- neurodegenerative disease, such as Alzheimer's, ALS, MS, Parkinson's, Huntington's?
Outsmart your genes! - know what your genes aren't allowing your body to do to stay healthy, and go in and do it ANOTHER WAY!