Wondrous Roots Radio Notes - John Huyck, Before 'n After - Nov 26, 2016
John Huyck - Before 'n After!
Thanksgiving Weekend... and, by my description, Carbophobic Co-Host John Huyck rejoins Becky, this time, to talk about a dinner table full of various health topics!
Simple nutrient deficiencies that can lead to serious diseases, such as:
Becky highlights a fascinating case from this week at Wondrous Roots:
- Healthy 29-year-old, nurse, mother of two, with sudden onset of
- brain fog to the point of getting lost while driving
- crazy fevers with blood work all normal for infection/chills
- severe fatigue
- inability to sleep
- severely infected throat with no infection found
- CTs of the brain, MRI all normal
What's going on? Finally, diagnosis of post-concussive syndrome - come to find out, she had suffered a fall prior to the onset of these symptoms!
What to do? Recommendations for lying down all the time in a dark room for as long as it takes?? Months, up to a year? Really?
- Suspicious for Guillain-Barre syndrome, triggered by traumatic brain injury in this case, unleashing a systemic-wide autoimmune attack - check for using spinal tap
- Balance and regulate the immune system using plant sterols and sterolins
- Provide key nutrients necessary for healing and restarting the mitochondrial energy process