Let's get our heads OUT OF THE SAND when it comes to medical care in the land of the "free and the brave!" As I've said before, "we have much less freedom than we think we do, and we have to be braver and braver every day to live here."
The term iatrogenic is defined as "induced in a patient by a physician's activity, manner, or therapy. Used especially to pertain to a complication of treatment."
Out of 29 Countries, the US Ranks:
- 26th for "child well-being"
- 26th for infant mortality, standing shoulder to shoulder with Latvia, Romania, and Slovakia
- 29th for childhood obesity
Further, in The Land of the Free and the Brave:
- 15,000 die every year from opioid overdose
- 1.2 trillion dollars spent annually on biotech drugs by 2017
OH, and stop off for some Chinese food after your annual physical and health-protective shots? You well might be saying "Make mine without MSG!" Lots of people do that. Guess what?
- Influenza (FluMist) Quadrivalent
- MMRV (ProQuad)
- Varicella (chickenpox) - Varivax
- Zoster (shingles - Zostavax)
"Keep your health? Keep your sleeves rolled down!"