"SAD?" - WINTER DEPRESSION SEASON TYPICALLY RUNS FROM OCTOBER TO APRIL
Symptoms of SAD include:
- crying spells
- food cravings (especially sweets and starches)
- increase or decrease in appetite
- lack of concentration and focus
- withdrawal from family and friends
- weight gain or loss.
"MY EXPERIENCE" - SEASONAL AFFECTIVE DISORDER - SUSANNE JUL, PhD
BOOK - WINTER BLUES - EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW TO BE SEASONAL AFFECTIVE DISORDER - Norman E. Rosenthal
CAN HORMONES OTHER THAN MELATONIN BE OF HELP?
Seasonal Affective Disorder & Progesterone
Seasonal affective disorder (also known as 'SAD') is caused by the long nights experienced in high latitudes. Normal treatment is to make the sufferer extend the daylight hours with artificial lighting. Researchers have found that long nights cause a drop in the level of progesterone in the blood.
People have lived for centuries in high latitudes without suffering from the condition. The obvious question is 'why now?' There is some evidence to support a correlation between the incidence of the disorder and the rise in environmental estrogens. Progesterone is a powerful antagonist to estrogen.
SLAP "SAD" SILLY!
A SUGGESTED PROTOCOL:
- GH3 - 2 on an empty stomach - take in the middle of the night to help with this - frees up serotonin and norepinephrine - do not use if you are taking a medication that is an MOA-Inhibitor. Take five days off between bottles - many health and anti-aging benefits beyond mood support.
- LIGHT THERAPY - 30 minutes after awakening in the morning for 30 minutes
- DHEA 25 MG for men sublingual in the morning - dissolve under tongue, or:
- DHEA 5 MG for women x2 for a total of 10 mg
- S-ACETYL-L-GLUTATHIONE dosing 100 mg/50 lb body weight in the morning
- GOOD MULTIVITAMIN (this is an example) in the morning
- VITAMIN D3/K2 5000 IU D3 (total of 7000 IU if using the multi above) - 1
- ONE TABLESPOON SESAME TAHINI
- EVE'S GENERATIONAL PROGESTERONE FORMULA - for women
- ADAM'S PROSTATE CARE PROGESTERONE CREAM WITH SAW PALMETTO - for men
THEN, around 4 PM:
BEYOND THE BLUES!